Thursday 21 November 2013

Sachin Tendulkar The Greatest Batsman Of Our Generation....!!

68th BLOG POST -->>


So much is happening in the world except I and my progress. I am sitting on the same seat with the same proportions of movement in my emotions, sentiments and excitements but some happenings in the world are exciting me too much.

As I sit down to pen these lines I get the feeling that the person about whom I am going to write is probably the most beloved son of this great nation. Even if someone tries to include the life and performances of this great soul in an article, I am sure they are bound to fail as this man is beyond the scope of imagination.

There is no doubt that Sachin Tendulkar arguably the best batsman this world has ever seen.Starting as a 16 year old boy, Tendulkar is at the zenith of success and amazingly his hunger wasn’t seemed to end. After Starting the career against a formidable Pakistan side there has been no looking back for Sachin Tendulkar as he still continues to create history every time he walks on to the field. Most appearances in ODI’s, most ODI hundreds, most test hundreds, most international hundreds, most runs in test and one day cricket history, most runs in a calendar year, most runs in any world cup, the pages of record books would prove to be insufficient to record the achievements of this cricketing Maestro.

Whenever an idol is made in our life, the reason of it is his qualities that you want to possess in you but you are still farther from it. You respect your idol because he has achieved it with lots of hard work and dedication. The perseverance and patience that he went through a long time is what interests you. Once upon a time, when you used to tell someone the person from whom you take inspiration from or the person whom you see as your idol, what you used to get from your friends was a big tap on your back or lots of praises for selecting the best idol in your life. But, now-a-days, if you'll tell someone that the particular person is your idol in life, he will start making negative comments on him, abuse his previous works, starts telling you every possible reasons to prove that the person is not deserving to be at the place where he is and for the most, he will keep making fun and dig at you for selecting that respective person as your idol. But, for me, I don't care for anyone's view once I am determined that "Yes, this is the person whom I see as my idol". And one such person whom I see as the second best idol and inspiration  in my life after Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, its SACHIN TENDULKAR and also MS Dhoni.

I find fitness and stamina the biggest drawback I have in me. But when I count the number of runs that he has scored by running on the pitch, I feel ashamed of myself. Even at the age of 40, he runs like a new athlete and tries to reach the crease before that diplomatic ball reaches, and I at 22, starts panting because of exertion. If I find that I am good at something, I become over-confident about it for some time, but seeing Sachin's consistency, I have got to learn that even if the world bows in front of you, you should work harder just as you are performing the task for the first time to prove some judges that you deserve the place. :-) I have learnt from him how to ignore haters rather than giving them a special place in our life.

I would at last recall what former cricketer Navjot Singh Siddhu once said about Tendulkar-
“Jaha har sar jhukh jaye wahi mandir hai, Jaha har nadi sama jaye wahi samandar hai aur jo har jung jeet jaye wahi SACHIN TENDULKAR hai”
-where every head gets bowed is a Temple, Where every river gets converged is a sea, And who gets victory in every battle is SACHIN TENDULKAR.

I get a personalized photo from Sachin Tendulkar after the retirement. 
It is the first time an Indian sportsperson has been given the nation's highest civilian honour. Sachin Tendulkar is also the youngest ever recipient of the award. SACHIN TENDULKAR will become the first sportsperson to be conferred the Bharat Ratna, India’s higest civilian award. The Prime Minister’s Office made the announcement hours after SACHIN TENDULKAR the curtains on a 24 year international career.

Thank you Sachin. For being Sachin. Continue to inspire, ignite and invoke. The Sachinism in each one of us so that we become a nation of believers.

Thanks

No comments:

Pages - Menu