Monday 2 September 2013

The Stormy Night ....!!

57th BLOG POST -->>


Last night it was difficult to sleep
In my small hut in the woods
The thunder storm was frightening
Riding the west wind came
The princess of lightening
The brightness enough to light the underworld 
Was blinding

Clouds filling the skies
Beautiful lighting show in the distance
Flashing like a disco ball, exciting to all

I calm you down,
I assure you that you're safe.
I tell you I love you,
Until the time becomes late
You tell me something,
My heart cannot stand

She was surprised
God’s creation could be so wretched
I was awed
It could be so beautiful

She brought an army of happiness
To conquer my solitary world
At victor’s feet laid my heart
Willingly I surrendered

We played silly games
Sang melodious duets
How I wished
The night would never end

Our worlds could never meet
But desire knew no bound
I wanted to change
Pretended to be a poet
Tried to be compassionate

But I failed to overcome
What was destined?
In a mortal’s life
Not everything could be attained

The night was long
When morning arrived
She was gone
If only I could dream on.

No comments:

Pages - Menu