Monday 22 April 2013

What do you think knowledge attracts people ?


44th BLOG POST -->>




There was a time in life when I thought "Knowledge attracts people". I had the assumption that if a person has knowledge of almost every field and everything of this world, people may love talking to him/her. Actually, in my childhood, I had the fascination of meeting people who had great knowledge about everything. Whenever some Uncle/aunt used to take name of some books and asked me to read them, I used to become their fan for next few months. :-) I used to think that they are the most knowledgeable uncle/aunt in the society who knows about books and its quality. Whenever any bhaiyya of my colony used to talk about some current affairs or anything related to encyclopedia, I used to become his fan. In short, knowledgeable people turned me on.
           Later, as I started growing up, I noticed some facts which made me curious to research more on them. One of them was: The people who had more knowledge were more arrogant and less social. I started observing that any person who was considered to have good knowledge of things had an attitude of being superior and never conversed in respect with anyone. I had several personal experiences with the friends I had who had better knowledge than anyone else in our age group. This made me reserved. I was quite open to everybody before that. But after noticing that these people had a habit of arguing till any extent to prove their point above ours, I started cutting myself off from them. Some of them understood that this guy is isolating from me but still I made it sure that I will have to keep myself away from such debate-loving, argumentative and arrogant morons. And in the end, I only had those friends who had less knowledge of things but more knowledge of how to interact with human beings.
          And now, when I feel that I am quite matured to understand things- Good or Bad, I still keep distance from the people who are proud of themselves and their so-called achievements in life. But, I keep a very good quotient with the one who have best social interaction. In life, keeping knowledge and knowing about World's whereabouts is a very good thing to do (even I try doing this), but you should not become aggressive once you find that you are the most knowledgeable chap in your friend circle. You should respect others too for what they are. You are good in keeping yourself updated with knowledge and world's current status, but some of them would be better updated than you in some other field. It's not necessary that everyone talks about something if they have knowledge about it. Some like to stay shut to showcase themselves as normal stuff than an extraordinary explosion. I don't feel that a person should call himself a good and successful personality if he does not have the skill to interact socially with people. The person who knows how to share someone's pain, trouble, obstacle and give an effective solution is more effective for me than the one who knows the name of India's Union Minister, America's largest river and Pacific Ocean's depth.

           This is what I feel. What do you feel- The person with great knowledge is effective or the one who knows how to interact socially is?
  Give answer.
   Thanks

No comments:

Pages - Menu