Thursday 7 March 2013

A Special Birthday Letter to My Brother


43th BLOG POST -->>




Dear Big Brother,
             Brothers are gifts from God. Despite of the silly fights and arguments you have with him, he will always remain as your brother, a sibling partner for life. Brother can be our guide, fan, supporter, idol and best friend. For us, older brother serves as our idol and adviser. A younger brother is someone that we treasure. 
Today is your birthday. Your secret worry about aging is apparent in your constantly mentioning how close you are to 26, but I know you have nothing to worry about. After all you are a lot like cheese, a little smelly, but better as you age.
I’ve always admired you. Since the first 15 months of my life, when I sat on my baby bum not needing to learn to walk, content just watching you run and play and joke and laugh, you’ve always been able to entertain me; you’ve always had a knack for entertaining our entire family. No one could make Grandma laugh like you could. It was infectious, when you were your goofy self, doing any and everything in attempt to make her laugh, everyone would look up and watch, and you’d make laughter catch and spread like wild fire.
               You are my protector, my number one fan, my avid supporter,
               My idol, my inspiration, my best friend – rolled into one.
               I’m glad I have you as my brother.
               Happy Birthday!

But you are so much more than the provider of family entertainment. You have a deep thoughtful side made all the more awesome because of the rarity in which you present it. You have this unique ability to advice without pompous judgement, to subtly point me or others in the direction we weren’t aware we wanted to go. The way you care for each of your family members, with your unique, steady, peaceful, but powerful love. Your method of caring, is perhaps the thing I love most about you.

And yet it’s hard to choose just one character trait as my favorite when there are so many things to love about you. Your smile, your consistent quest for knowledge (not just for facts but for how your loved ones feel), your fierce love for all animals but especially dogs, your intelligent thoughtfulness, you are not-quite-but-almost narcissism, your self-control, your desire to be as healthy as possible so you can continue to live your life with your arms wide open- the way you always have.
It’s your birthday today. So I’ve seized the opportunity to tell you and my small corner of the internet, about how lucky I am not to have big brother like you, but to have you specifically as my big brother and dear friend. There is no one else in the world like you, Dinesh. You are wonderfully special and I love you immensely. Happy Birthday.
With Love
PARVEEN KUMAR SAHRAWAT

No comments:

Pages - Menu